- You'll get to read a brilliant story by one of Hong Kong's most exciting new writers....
...who writes about disappearing apartments and women turning into fish...
...and who will be speaking at our symposium in Leeds in July.
- Your translation will read by our judging panel of some of the most prominent translators in the field.
- Entry is free, and open to anyone, in any country. All you need is an interest in translation.
- And did we mention our prizes....?
- The winner will get to see their story published in the brilliant literary magazine Structo.
- They will also will also be eligible for a full bursary to attend the July 2015 summer school in translation in London, Translate in the City...
...where they'll be tutored by Nicky Harman and have the opportunity to meet other experts in the literary translation field.
What are you waiting for?? Find our competition text here, in both traditional and simplified characters, where you'll also find out more about Dorothy Tse and her writing, as well as details about entry and conditions.
We'd like to thank Nicky Harman and Helen Wang for kindly agreeing to judge the competition, and to Structo for their enthusiastic participation. We're also extremely grateful to the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) and the White Rose East Asia Centre (WREAC) for their generous grant, which has allowed us to offer the summer school bursary.